Friday, 27 April 2012

HTC One S

Sorry for the long absence. I was in London for a week, and returned for revision and exams at University.

While I was in London my contract was due an upgrade, so chose the HTC One S. I did look at the One X, but the size was a bit too large for my liking.

I instantly fell in love with it. I was contemplating keeping my HTC Desire for a while longer and maybe switching to a SIM only contract to save money, as I figured if I get a new Android phone it will just do everything the same, just faster, but my girlfriend persuaded me to get a new phone. As soon as I started playing with it I knew I made the right choice in getting it.

The feel of the phone is so much nicer than my Desire, and the really slim design of it made my Desire instantly look bulky and old. The Super AMOLED screen is much brighter and much easier to use in sunlight, and it comes with BeatsAudio, which is a great plus for me as I use my phone a lot for music.

It comes with Ice Cream Sandwich, and with Sense 4.0. Previously I despised Sense for being bloated and slow, hence I kept my phone rooted with custom ROMs for the majority of it's life, but Sense 4.0 is different. It has a lot of stock ICS, and Sense really isn't as intrusive as it has been previously.

There are a few downsides - the microSD isn't accessible, and neither is the battery. The battery being inaccessible could be problematic with flashing ROMs etc as if there's a problem I'm not sure how you can reset the phone without pulling the battery, but I'm not too fussed for rooting it at the moment as I'm happy with how it's currently running.

Just a short insight in to my new phone, and now I need to work on changing the banner for the blog itself.

4 comments:

  1. I'm not a huge fan of HTC but this phone sounds pretty nice

    ReplyDelete
  2. You could buy SGS3, HTC is shitty.

    ReplyDelete
  3. sounds like a nice smart phone

    ReplyDelete